GBAO permit

Entry into the Gorno - Badakhshan region, both from inside and outside of Tajikistan, requires special authorization in advance and in addition to a valid Tajik visa, which is GBAO permit. GBAO permit can be obtained at Tajik embassies and consulates abroad at the time of applying for Tajikistan visa, or by applying to MFA or OVIR in Dushanbe. We can also pre arrange it for you.

Other permits

There are some certain areas that require additional permits in addition to GBAO permit, they are Lake Sarez which requires additional permit from the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Lake Zorkul and some regions along Chinese or Afghan borders which requires additional permit from border guard authorities.